"You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind"-- Gahndi

Monday, June 13, 2011

Empty Tanked... in the Azores

June 13, '11

Today me and my sister decided to go snorkeling in the Villa Nova swimming hole, sounds like an adventure already, doesn't it?
Well, we left around two o'clock with towels, sunscreen, water, snorkels and masks. We went in the cute little blue Axiam, and were on our way with indefinite directions.
Leave it up to the Nilsen girls to get lost, and I was supposed to be our 'eyes' while she drove, and was supposed to tell her if I saw any roads on the right side that looked promising. And we of course took the wrong ones, two or three times!
Soon we found ourselves on a one-way-very-narrow road, with tons of turns! We didn't bring a phone with us, so we were hoping we wouldn't get TOO lost. Becky also realized she didn't have her license on her, and neither of us were in the mood to be arrested! It was about then that we noticed the get-more-gas light was flashing and we were VERY low on gas!
We finally got back home, and Ben went with Becky to the gas station, because my sister and I know nothing about filling up cars, none the less that one!
They came back ten euros lighter and with an almost-filled tank, Becky got her license and we were off again!
We were told we needed to be back by 5:30, and it was 3:30 so we had plenty of time! Mum suggested we just go to the beach, so we did just that.
The beach was surprisingly not-crowded, for a Portuguese holiday. One of the ladies from church was there with her two little sons, so we sat by her and chatted for a while...
I went to the water quite soon after we had been there and got my toes in, Becky joined me for a few seconds before we returned to our warm towels.
Logan, who is about four or five wanted me to play in the water with him, so I agreed. I stood ankle deep, then knee, next waist deep, then chest deep, after calling to my sister to take some pics I held my nose and went under! It was SO cold!
I took some really really pretty pictures of the water! Like turquoise and different shades of blue! It was amazing!
I will post pics as soon as the internet stops being slow and evil!

So that was my day, how was yours?
Blog about your day w/ that ^ signature and send me the link! I would love to hear about your day! Any day! Every day!

2 comments:

  1. Kewl, sarah! sounds like an adventuris day! O_O

    I love you!

    - Ness <3

    ReplyDelete